Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Peru is killing me

Peru. Is rather awesome.
Got off the plane from panama and set out in search of wifi to try and locate the hostel I had seen on the internet. As soon as I stepped out of the airport I was greeted by throngs of avid taxi drivers urging to take me wherever I wanted. And after a few minutes I ditched a particularly persistent driver who wanted 30 dollars to take me to the hostel, but I found a crowded bus and walked the rest of the way for 75 cents. Given, it did take me an hour and a half to make it there, but right now I have nothing but time. The hostel is pretty laid back and carefree, most of the guests just hang out all day at the hostel and then get drunk at the bar and go out to the clubs. I fit right in. Ha except I decided i wasn't going hang out at the hostel all day. Hostels are the best way to travel, you meet all kinds of different people from all corners and it's cheap. Win. The few days leading up to Jeff and Karina's arrival were spent exploring the coastline of lima. I saved money and walked everywhere. But by the third day I had fallen into the hostel life and didn't even leave all day. Night life is pretty outrageous, the bars and clubs don't close until dawn and the drinks are cheap. I kept thinking of the city of Madrid's slogan "Madrid is killing me" the mornings after. hah It's also pretty nice not having the car to worry about.



No comments:

Post a Comment